Da Capo Lifelong Books
Diabetic Living The Ultimate 50 Diabetes Myths That Can Ruin Your Life Paperback -
Patient-expert Riva Greenberg's book is an essential guide for the more than 24 million Americans with diabetes and the more than 57 million with prediabetes. 50 Diabetes Myths That Can Ruin Your Life puts the ''power of truth'' directly into patients' hands, dispelling the 50 most common myths that tend to rule their lives, such as: ''You have to be fat to get diabetes,'' ''Eating too many sweets causes diabetes,'' ''Insulin shots are painful,'' and ''type 2 diabetes is not as serious as Type 1.'' With recommendations from top experts and engaging patient stories, 50 Diabetes Myths That Can Ruin Your Life explains the crucial information everyone managing this chronic illness needs to know to live a long, healthy life with diabetes.
Here are a few of the myths in the book. See if you know the truth?
- You have to be fat to get diabetes
- I can't have diabetes, I have no symptoms!
- Type 2 isn't as serious as type 1
- Eating sweets causes diabetes
- If I have to take insulin, it's the beginning of the end
- Insulin shots are painful
- There's nothing new to treat diabetes